Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tiramisu Cake - my happy cake!


I received an email from a reader few days back asking me what is the one cake I baked that has brought so much of joy! It is none other than Tiramisu cake. It brought joy baking it for a birthday boy and also while devouring it! This is one cake that goes no-fail with all coffee lovers out there. This will always be my all-time favorite cake because it is moist, has coffee, cocoa and a little bit of booze! But you can always skip the alcohol and it will still taste heavenly. This is my happy cake and I hope you get to try baking this! It is definitely going to make you happy and laugh loud!

Here is the recipe

Adapted from here

Serves 8-10

Ingredients

·         Eggs 6

·         Sugar ¾ cup

·         Vanilla 1 tsp.

·         Plain Flour 1 ¼ cup

·         Corn starch 1 tsp.



Cream Filling:

·         Heavy Whipping cream 1 cup

·         Mascarpone cheese 16oz.

·         Powdered sugar 5 tbsp. or more as per your taste to sweetness

·         Kahlua 2 tbsp. (optional)



Soak:

·         Coffee 1 cup ( 1 or 2 tsp. instant coffee powder mixed with water)

·         Kahlua 3 tbsp. (optional)




Method

1.      Beat 6 eggs until foamy. Then slowly add the sugar and vanilla while beating the egg mixture.

2.      Now to add the dry ingredients. Sift the flour and cornstarch and fold it into the beaten eggs  using a whisk.

3.      Prepare 2 round baking pans (10 inches in diameter) with parchment paper and grease it with butter. Pour the batter evenly between the two pans.

4.      Bake in a preheated oven at 176 degrees Celsius for 28-30 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.

5.       For cream filling: Whip heavy cream in a bowl until stiff peaks are formed. Refrigerate this bowl of whipped cream.  In a separate bowl beat the mascarpone cheese until smooth and add the powdered sugar and beat well till its smooth. Fold the mascarpone mixture into the whipped cream with a rubber spatula until no white streaks remain. If this mixture is a bit runny refrigerate it till its set.

6.       In a small bowl mix together the coffee and Kahula.

7.       Slice each cake in half so you are left with 4 thin slices.

8.       Soak each layer of cake with the coffee mixture. Drizzle with a spoon. Make sure you don’t over soak it.

9.      Start layering the cake in this order: a layer of soaked cake, cream cheese mixture, and sprinkle cocoa powder. Repeat this layering until the last layer of cream. Decorate the sides and top of the cake with extra cocoa powder or cream.



Tips:

  • If you don’t have time to bake a sponge cake, buy from a store and just concentrate in making the cream filling and coffee mixture. ;)
  • While beating the egg mixture with sugar for the cake please make sure it’s very airy and fluffy.
  • You can bake the cake one day in advance and layer it the next day.
  • Instead of Kahula you can brandy or any other alcohol of your choice.
  • If you have extra frosting, believe me you will find ways to finish it. ;)





All images are copyright Tickled by Inspirations









3 comments:

Learn Digital Marketing said...

I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

Sharon Thomas said...

Hey!! The first time I made this I thought it was biggers luck! The second time I thought I got lucky again but when the luck favours me 3rd and 4th time I realised it's not mere luck. It's the recepie indeed! I should say it's the yummiest never fail recepie I have ever tried!! And can you believe I have kids coming to my apartment asking me to make them tiramisu cake atleast once more.. I should say ur recepie is a Hit!!! Thanks a lot for this lovely recepie!

Sharon Thomas said...

Hey!! The first time I made this I thought it was biggers luck! The second time I thought I got lucky again but when the luck favours me 3rd and 4th time I realised it's not mere luck. It's the recepie indeed! I should say it's the yummiest never fail recepie I have ever tried!! And can you believe I have kids coming to my apartment asking me to make them tiramisu cake atleast once more.. I should say ur recepie is a Hit!!! Thanks a lot for this lovely recepie!